Monday, August 17, 2009

Zwolle continues to be a great place. We had some major successes
meeting inactive women this week. It's a good time for Zwolle to have
sisters. [now don't interpret this wrong - I do not think Elders or Sisters
are better than the other - there are just definitely some shy women in the
church who are more open to sisters. And anders om (the other way around) as
well - some women love elders and couldn't care less for sisters!] So
that's been cool.
On Thursday we had the first full mission conference (with the French
and Dutch side) I've ever experienced. Elder Nelson came. So we got to hear
from him, his wife, the Europe West Area President (Elder Kopischke), and a
Dutch couple whose calling I forget but who are great. It was fun seeing
Soeur Thrasher, the French sister I flew with, as well as old district
members and friends from the Dutch side. It was really fun seeing Zuster
Fowler and Zuster Robbins. The Spirit there was incredible and just helped
me a lot to remember why I'm here and what the possibilities are. I really
like missionary work. It's going to be fun to go tracting with sister
missionaries stateside without a tag... =)
Meske still wants to be baptised. We don't know how that's gonna go down
with the wheel chair situation - it makes it hard for him to come to church.
But a member tapes sacrament meeting and brings it to him. We'll see what
our leaders advise! but it's always cool to teach people who have sincere
desires to change.
We also met the coolest recent converts ever, Familie Knarren. They got
baptised in England while he was there for chiropractice school. They have
the most beautiful 9 month old boy named Hyrum. And.... next Saturday
they're having dinner with us and a friend with whom Zr K wants to share the
gospel. amazing! I love Zwolle.
On the train to Elder Nelson's conference in Rotterdam, I met the coolest
Vietnamese girl who studies in France and and was here in vacation. She was
pleased to practice English and had actually met Elders in France before -
she said she liked going to Christian churches, altho she was buddhist, and
would love to practice her English with american elders. I love the gospel
and I love talking to people on trains. Also, apparently if I ever go to
vietnam, I have an instant travel guide. =) You show people love and it
comes back.
We also had a cool lesson with Roda, a recent convert, and her sister
was over... so hopefully we can start teaching her sister too.
I really can't explain what's happening at this point in my mission. I
absolutely love what I'm doing but I know it's totally boring to you people
at home. Suffice it to say I am thankful for the things I know, and sharing
that joy with others is pretty much what I want to do for the rest of my
life. I love you all. Thank you all for your letters and support. I was so
excited to get the last letter from Abram Skidmore from Korea that I'll get
- another friend home from the mission. And Briana, I got your letter and
head band and I LOVE IT and am currently wearing it and it's awesome. I also
heard Jul Lamb had a baby girl!!! And I don't know if she ever got my letter
back in December / January when she first learned she was pregnant, so if
someone could find her address for me, that'd rock. Thank you all for your
love and support.

Veel liefs,

Zuster Christa Baxter

No comments: