Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week twee!

Hello familie! So here´s my second go rouynd with the crazy French keyboards. Hopefully this will be a little easier. =) So good things keep on happening in Antwerpen! Today we had a district pday and ,et in a bequtiful park in a suburb of the city for waterballoon volleyball, a picnic, and mini golf. It was pretty fun, though I wish I´d had more letter writing time. =) It was super nice being in a lovely grand paek again - it reminded me a lot of London. We´ve had nearly a whole week of glorious sunny weather which is def a miracle in Belgie, so that was awesome.

As far as the work goes, iot was a pretty good week. The ZLs gave a priesthood blessing to one of our baptisimal dates, the older woman named Bertha. She didn´t manage to pull herself out of bed for church on Sunday, but such is life. =) We go see her later tonight, so hopefully we can make some progress.

We had a really lovely joint teach with another investigator, Angel, and a member named Julie. Angel speaks some Dutch but ,ostly French, so Julie translated for us. It was so nice to hear another language and not fight to understand every word! Dutch / Fle,,ish gets better everyday but it´s still frustrqting. The ,ission is teaching me loads about patience and not being a perfectionist. Julie herself is amazing. She has a son serving in France and another in Catania, Italy - they get home in September, and I´m pretty sure Will knew the one in Italy. So tell him to write me (snail mail - were not allowed to read emails from friends) and give me the name of that Elder. =) Julie just radiates maternal love - we visited her in her home and it really was just like stepping back into our own home - I love how the Spirit can conquer cultural divides and language barriers.

Friday we had distrikt meeting and pres. interviews. Since Im so new Id just seen pres a few days before, but nonetheless it was really helpful to have him kindly tell me to chill out and not freak out about the fact that I cant understand people hardly at all. Iùve found the phrase ´´Hello, I just ,oved from America, can I practice ,y Dutch with you?`` very useful; =) We didnt plan well and are out of time so I must cut this short. I love you all so much! Snail mail is the best way to keep in touch since I only have thirty ,inutes to read and reply to e-mails. Oh, and could someone send me a bunch of paper for 5 1/2 by 8 inch paper for ,y study journal binder? That´d be grand. Have a wonderful week!!!

1 comment:

Link the Hero said...

Ha Ha. This is L. Your sis? I love how you spell week twee!